Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
This morning I woke up with Paul, my husband asking me what color his shirt was (he is colorblind). He said he needed it to be Green, because he is speaking somewhere today. Sure enough it was. Then, the first FB post I saw this morning was the Partnership’s picture of the line at Bushwaller’s Pub at 7:58AM this morning. There is a lot of green in this picture, I thought it was impressive and it made me smile…
So that got me thinking…why don’t I ever get excited about St. Paddy’s Day? Paul and Luc are Irish…But then it sorta goes with the fact that it takes a lot to excite me, and goofiness is NOT on the list. But if I look past the goofiness and just embrace the fact that it is one day that the color Green gets some respect, maybe I can celebrate.
I started looking for something to post on FB about the day, and that lead me to interesting things about the color Green.
- In Spain racy jokes are “green.”
- There are more shades of green than any other color. 🙂
- Think of all of the Green People you know of: Jolly Green Giant, The Grinch, Mister Green Jeans, Green Bay Packers, Alan Greenspan, Little Green Men, Kermit the Frog, and Green Day.
- Green is the new IT Color for marketers and advertisers….The Starbucks Logo is green
- The Masters Golf Tournament – Green Jacket
- Feng Shui claims that green eases absent mindedness, nervousness, and rudeness. If this is the case I need all the green I can get!
So I don’t know why Mom and Dami give Green yarn such a bad rap in the shop. Just look at those beauties!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day all things GREEN!