It is Saturday morning, the laundry is done, the house is mostly clean, I’m almost caught up at my RJ, I have 6,500 steps in for the day, and now I am drinking coffee from my bed. Not bad for 9:15AM…for me, and I’ll be in a good mood all day. It’s the little things that makes me happy, and I know I don’t have the market cornered here.
I have about 8 or so knitting (maybe even a crochet) patterns to share focusing on Little Things. Think how nice it would be to get a XMAS gift or two in the works early. If you are like me, and think you can’t rest till you get ahead of whatever race you are running, here are a couple of cute gift ideas…or just little things for yourself.
1. Grantangle by Amy O’Neill Houck- Crocheted using DK, but you could use any weight you want. Cute.
2. Top Down Basic Baby pattern by Angela Juergens- Yep, I have a couple of baby & toddler things I should start. Of course, I love the blue and green (looks like Dragonfly’s Blue Dolphin.
3. Legwarmies by Alana Dakos- I don’t even think I need to comment here, except every little girl needs these.
4. South Marysburgh Slippers by Sam Lamb- Practical, quick = Rewarding.
5. Kirsten’s Fingerless Mitts Recipe by Kirsten Kapur- How can you not appreciate these!
6. Rose City Rollers by Mara Bryner- These are on everyones list..and they are quick. I already gave the ones I made to my sister.
7. Zigzagular Socks by Susie White- Good pattern for varigated yarn.
8. Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure – Everyone’s favorite.
There you have it. Some little things that make people smile. We should get started sooner than later.
And now I am going to be late getting to the shop! 🙂