I feel like a participant on The Amazing Race. I have never watched a whole season but have gotten glimpses here and there, and from what I have seen that’s what comes to mind with my world lately. Being a Sales Rep in Q3 is always a challenge, but I think 2015 takes the cake. Everyday is a whirlwind, and my two favorite times of the day are at 6:30 AM when I can knit for a bit and go over my list in my head and Midnight when I crash. I keep telling myself that I can do anything for 5 more weeks. I haven’t been in the shop much at all. I feel guilty. I went in Thursday to help Mom with new yarn we received (more NBK colors and Pepperberry Knits) although she didn’t really need my help. The shop looked good and is filling up as it does when Fall approaches.
Last night I did think a little bit about what I was going to post…and I was all over the board. I did notice a theme though…What Heather Wants to Knit. I know it’s not supposed to be about me… but I’m going to do it anyway…it’s my blog. 🙂 Some of these might be repeats…but they must be good ones then right?
In no particular order:
1. “Passe-partout” by manuel ***FREE- Done in DK weight. I am a sucker for texture…and this one sure has it. I would use Magpie or Shalimar Breathless DK..although Lakes would show great stitch definition too.
2. Neil by Melissa Schaschwary. Done in Chunky. I would use Neighborhood Fibre Co. Studio Chunky. One skein. I should make this for Travis who lives in NY and wears anything I make for him. 🙂
3. Knockout Round by Ann Weaver ***FREE
– If you paired up Neighborhood Fiber and Dyed in the Wool this would be a lot of fun. Dyed in the Wool’s color change is subtle.
4. Bridgitte-by Julie Asselin ***FREE IF I were going to do another shawl, which I’m not…I would do this in a min. So pretty and rich.
5. Dawe-by Amy Miller. This sweater is so wearable. But If I were going to do a sweater in fingering weight, I would have a hard time deciding between it and Drift. I really really want to start one of these for me. 🙂
6. Drift by Kristen Finlay. Decisions.
So there you go. I had more…but I’m sitting at Nola’s with Mom and she said I am going overboard…and I do have to still go get school supplies for Luc.
I feel better now…
Have a great weekend!