I read a lot of blogs, but the one I read most frequently Seth Godin’s. I think he is genius. I often read his blog to gain perspective, and he usually never fails in leaving me something to ponder. I send his blog to Mom and bosses at my real job when I see things I think they should read. Now it’s your turn…check him out. I mention this because the other day he wrote about creativity and how difficult it is to be creative if that is your JOB. It made me think about the pressure we put on ourselves and artists. Creativity on demand.
I have not written in weeks, and it sorta feels like the dreaded phone call you haven’t made to your mother-in-law. Ok, not that bad but you get my drift. The longer you wait, the worse it gets. 🙂 I can’t imagine how real writers and designers must feel with real pressure and constant expectations.
With that said I don’t know what I’m writing about, but I thought I should just dive in.
Highlights from Stitches West
- We met Kristen of Pigeon Roof and saw her gorgeous yarns. The colors were so deep, rich, and truly saturated. We will have her Gradient Sets and American Sock at our Pop-Up Shop.
- Mom got to meet the Western Sky girls, Kim and Heather. We ordered more yarn since we clearly don’t have enough. We should be getting Willow DK (100% Merino) in shortly along with some Silk Sock. 🙂
- We met with Jodi McDougall she makes the Murrini buttons and glass. You might remember the gnomes and lady face glass buttons we carried. Anyway, we will have some of her glass stitch markers soon.
- Of course we saw Veronika, Dami and the YOTH Gang. That is all quite an amazing operation.
- Oh we met Gale and Sharlene from the Yarniacs podcast.
- We worked on Pop-Up plans with the Spincycle Spinsters.
- Had lunch with Courtney Kelly of Kelbourne Woolens.
What’s Coming Soon, Really Soon
- Jill Draper’s Hudson Worsted
- Western Sky’s Willow DK
- Shalimar Breathless DK
- Limited Edition Plankwalker Stitches West Show Color in various Shalimar Yarns – receiving this any min.
I have been meaning to share this sock pattern since I saw MediaPeruana’s picture on Instagram. The pattern is Show off Stranded Socks by Anne Campbell. She used Western Sky’s Choco Rainbow. So for those of you that always ask what does this look like knit up, here it is, and we have lots of fun colors of this in at the moment.
That’s all I have for now. I want to get to the shop today, seems like I haven’t been there in forever!
Oh, WE WILL BE CLOSED ON THURSDAY MARCH3rd and reopen on FRIDAY the 4th! Mom’s taking a couple of days off!